Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Decluttering the Closet

     I'm getting the spring cleaning bug, and wanted to start some bigger projects. Today I decided I would declutter my closet. With full intentions of going through every single peice of clothing in our house (before my birthday in Sep.) I figured, why not start in my own closet. I set up my space with a bag "To Donate", a bag for "Trash", a box "To Sell", and a box "Mom's- Doesn't Fit". The last box I am only allowing myself because I am in the middle of losing the last final pounds from having my 2 wonderful kids, so I figured I can hold on to a couple things that don't quite fit me yet.

     Normally this would have been done with loud girly pop music blaring, but Piper was occupied watching TV, and my music would have called her intention in to bug me. I set my timer for 45 minutes (I knew I'd have to speed through in order not to dawdle on decisions). I went through everything that was hanging. Then  I went through socks and tossed the warn out ones. Our MOPS group is donating gently used bras, so I got rid of a bunch of those too. I even went through the underwear drawer and tossed a TON of those (and many, many thongs from my high school days)!

     I'm pretty happy with my final results. Now I just have to stay motivated to tackle Mike and the girl's closets as well. How about you? When was the last time you went through your closet??

No comments:

Post a Comment